Yesterday Huan and I flew out to Taipei. We’re here now and will be here for a few days just to do some traveling before I start my new job. Today we’ll be taking an hour journey to have a day trip at the Taipei Zoo, so I want to start the weekend right with Friday’s 10 Happy Things!
- Huan filled my Starbucks card, so when I bought us breakfast at the airport, I had enough load to pay for everything!
- Google Translate. The iOS app was previously a huge disappointment for me, so I removed it from my phone. Now that it’s been years since then, they have wonderful things that allowed me to ask my taxi driver to stop – in Mandarin!
- Foot reflexology. I wish I could have it everyday..
- Neko Atsume. It’s an iOS game that lets you raise cats, which is wonderful since I live in a condo and can’t house a lot of cats for real. Its Japanese name is -ねこあつめ- by Hit-Point Co., Ltd., so I wasn’t able to find the game when I first heard about it, but now it’s on my phone and life is better. I can’t read anything because it’s all in Japanese, but life is better. In addition to my patience for clicking around, the internet helps me learn.
- Air conditioning. It’s always hot in Manila, and being in Taipei isn’t colder. A/C ftw.
- Blog inspiration. Taking another cue from Helga, I’m going to begin compiling things that Huan says to me because parts of the Internet appreciate seeing our “intimate” moments.
- Milk tea because spicy food hurts my face.
- Vietnamese coffee.
- Bubble tea. There’s bubble tea everywhere here in Taipei.
Here’s to hoping for lots of sunshine today! What are 10 things that make you happy?